We are organising a two-day Bayesian workshop in Grenoble in September 6-7, 2018. It will be the second edition of the Italian-French statistics seminar (link to first edition), titled this year: Bayesian learning theory for complex data modeling. The workshop will give to young statisticians the opportunity to learn from and interact with highly qualified senior researchers in probability, theoretical and applied statistics, with a particular focus on Bayesian methods.
Anyone interested in this field is welcome. There will be two junior sessions and a poster session with a call for abstract open until June 30. A particular focus will be given to researchers in the early stage of their career, or currently studying for a PhD, MSc or BSc. The junior session is supported by ISBA through travel awards.
There will be a social dinner on September 6, and a hike organised in the mountains on September 8.
Confirmed invited speakers
• Simon Barthelmé, Gipsa-lab, Grenoble, France
• Arnoldo Frigessi, University of Oslo, Norway
• Benjamin Guedj, Inria Lille – Nord Europe, France
• Alessandra Guglielmi, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
• Antonio Lijoi, University Bocconi, Milan, Italy
• Bernardo Nipoti, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
• Sonia Petrone, University Bocconi, Milan, Italy
• June 30, 2018: Abstract submission closes
• July 20, 2018: Notification on abstract acceptance
• August 25, 2018: Registration closes
More details and how to register: https://sites.google.com/view/bigworkshop
We look forward to seeing you in Grenoble.